Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Newsletter

Fresh Bread


I’m so thankful for your prayers. I know I wouldn’t have made it through the end of this semester without them. This has been a really hard few weeks. Some of you may know that my Grandma had been really sick these past few months. She passed away last night. I had the opportunity to go visit her at the beginning of this month. I was thankful to spend that time with her! With all of that going on the end of the semester really snuck up on me! The Lord was so gracious to give me strength as I tried to raise support to go to Africa, finish up on campus, and walk through emotional family things. By God’s grace I can stand here at the end of the year in awe of everything the Lord has done. There were so  many days this past month when I didn’t have the strength or energy to move forward, but God, as he always does, showed up and was my strength. I clung to a few verses in Psalm 71 these past few weeks and want to share them with you.

71:14-15 — “But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.”

What a good and worthy God we serve! Although we will never know its measure, I’m thankful to get   glimpses of his salvation every day.

Quality time with my Grandma watching her favorite team, the San Francisco Giants. 


On another note, I’m so excited to report that God raised the support I needed to go to Africa on summer project. I will be leaving Saturday, May 18th for six weeks. Since I’ll be overseas I won’t send a June newsletter, but I will try to update my blog as much as possible so if you want updates check back periodically. I will mail out an update newsletter as soon as I get back around July 6th. Raising funds for ministry is always a humbling and trust-producing process. There are days when you’re not sure the Lord will provide and then he gently reminds you of his faithfulness. THANK YOU for   being a part of God’s provision either through prayer or financial gifts. Words cannot adequately express how grateful I am for you and making it possible for me to go to Cote d’Ivoire this summer. Reading Romans this morning I empathized with Paul as he expressed his longing to return to the church in Rome. Thank you for making that longing a reality. I can’t wait to return and celebrate with you all the Lord does this summer in the lives of Ivorian college students and the American students that are going with me.

Excited to be reunited with Collette, one of the national Cru staff women. Such a joyful lady!


From Campus

The end of the year went quickly, but I am blown away by what the Lord is did in the midst of the craziness. I got to sit down with each of the girls I disciple and go through a “vision plan” with them. We do vision plans at the end of each year. Basically, I get to tell them all their strengths and share with them how the Lord has gifted them. Then I encourage them in a few areas they could grow over the summer. I am so thankful the Lord has entrusted me with the girls I meet with. They are each so different, but amazing and beautiful in their own ways. I want to give you an update on what they’ll be doing for the summers so you can pray for them with me.

Jess: going on a mission trip to Uganda with one of the athletic trainers from MSU. They will be loving on orphans, sharing the gospel, and encouraging men to step up as father figures. Then she is heading to Guatemala to complete an internship for school.
Shelby: working at home over the summer. She is  trusting God to help her share the gospel with her family and maybe discipling one of her younger sisters.
Allie: studying abroad in London. She’s looking forward to making this academic endeavor a mission opportunity.
Ruth: working at Kanakuk, a Christian sports camp in Missouri then heading to Brazil with her church for a missions trip.
Ashley: going to Nicaragua with the Missouri State volleyball team for a tournament and a few days of service projects.
Lauren: working in Springfield, excited to invest in her co-workers and friends.
Mandisha: working for SOAR at MSU. SOAR helps incoming freshman get acclimated to MSU’s campus. She can’t wait to meet incoming freshman she can invite to be a part of Cru next year.
Laura: will be raising support to be a part-time intern with Cru next year. I’m so excited she’ll be a member of our staff team!
Kiley: going on summer project with Cru to Alaska. She’s excited to share her faith in a very spiritually dark community.

I’m thankful for these wonderful women who are committed to serving the Lord with their summers! Please keep them in your prayers.

These ladies are proof the Lord is entirely too good to me. I have been blessed by the friendship and encouragement of these women. The end of the year is a bittersweet thing. Lizzy (bottom, center) and I will be returning to intern at MSU. Tina (bottom left) and Carrie (top right) are joining staff with Cru and are waiting patiently on their placement location. Chrissy (top center) and Kelsey (bottom right) are spending a year in Cote d’Ivoire and will be moving in September to do ministry over there. These girls hold a special place in my heart and I will never forget this year at the Manor.

Ways You Can Pray

  • Please pray for our graduating seniors. Ask the Lord to help them find good community and continue to be passionate about sharing the gospel.
  • Pray for our trip to Cote d’Ivoire! Safety. Ivorian hearts ready to receive the gospel. American students’ growth. God-honoring staff leadership.
  • My family as we mourn the loss of my Grandma.
  • The girls I disciple! Please pray their summers would be a time of immense growth and dependence on the Lord.
Thank you for your support! 






No comments:

Post a Comment